Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Welcome Back Everyone!
My blog is up and running and my plan is to blog everyday after school for 10 minutes. I hope this meets with your timetable and you can check the blog anytime after 4:00pm. It feels different at KCI this year and I know we are going to be successful as a team. Remember: if you find a mechanical error in this blog and are the first one to let me know (post a comment or tell me in class) I will give you 1 percentage mark. Keep sharp.

ELA 20
First class today and we have a very unique group - I am looking forward to working with you on your portfolio. Brainstorm tonight for your mini-portfolio assignment we will work on tomorrow. Due Thursday at the end of class.

ELA B30
World Literature is an interesting class and I know you will enjoy most of the literature as it will make you think. Two questions we ask: What is the issue in this literature? How does this issue affect or connect to me? 1st half of class is in the computer lab to research flowers and weeds. Second half is in the classroom, drafting the assignment. Final copy will be due complete with graphic on Day 2.

ELA A30
Canadian literature is not that intriguing but being Canadian is!!The curriculum will be enhanced by your ability to bring something to the table. Read any good Canadian novels lately?

ELA B10
This course is issue based so our discussions will centre around the issue. You will be challenged to take a stand on topics that are current in our world. Be ready to talk! Today we worked through a frame and an essay outline. Tomorrow we will draft the essay together.

No comments: